You can move an already existing blog and domain name to BlogPress without losing anything!
When you transfer your blog to BlogPress, we start doing all the heavy lifting for you so you can focus on what you love about blogging and forget about what you don’t. We’ll start doing all of your updates, installing the newest plugins and software to make your blog run faster and smarter and the only thing you have to do is, well…blog!
Moving your blog over is fairly simple...
Basically follow these steps, and we're here to help you every step of the way if you have problems. Just open a ticket with any questions, and we'll be happy to help.
- Create your BlogPress account - http://theblogpress.com/get-started/
- Import your old blog content into your new BlogPress blog. See the instructions below.
- Verify that everything was imported OK. Look at your new BlogPress blog and the imported posts, see if posts were imported correctly, see if images were imported correctly, etc.
- Redirect your old blog to your new blog - so that visitors and search engines know where the new blog resides. This is easier if you have your own domain name, but if you do not, there are still ways to do it.
Migrating An Existing Blog
We will be happy to do this for you or you can do it yourself.
BlogPress provides importers for the following services:
- TypePad (and Moveable Type)
To use the importers, log in to your BlogPress account, go to your blog dashboard, and go to Tools->Import in the left menu.
Follow the instructions provided by each importer.
NOTE: If your current blog only has a small number of posts (i.e. 5 or so), it may be easier for you to just copy/paste the content of those few posts into your new blog.