If you want a live "counter" on your blog, we recommend StatCounter. It's a free tool that provides a simple hit counter for your blog.
Here are instructions for adding StatCounter to your blog.
1. Create your StatCounter account - http://statcounter.com/
2. Once you've created your account, the next step is to create a new project - http://statcounter.com/add-project/
3. Then, click the link on the right that reads "Default Installation Guide"
4. Copy the StatCounter code to your clipboard.
5. At this point you have 2 options...
6. You can send the code to us by opening a new support request and we'll be happy to add the code for you. (make sure to tell us where you want the counter to display on your site - it's normally in the footer at the bottom of the site)
7. Or you can add the code yourself creating a Raw HTML snippet and adding the shortcode to your footer widget. Here are instructions for how to do that - Raw HTML Snippets Plugin
NOTE: The code generated by StatCounter is often broken - sigh... Here is the correct version - just replace the text in all caps with the information from the generated code.
<!-- Start of StatCounter Code for Default Guide -->
var sc_project=INSERT PROJECT ID HERE;
var sc_security="INSERT SECURITY CODE HERE";
var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
<noscript><div><a title="hit counter"
<!-- End of StatCounter Code for Default Guide -->